SALISBURY, N.C. - - A Rowan County man says he thought setting a fire would be a good way to get rid of a couple of copperhead snakes he had seen behind a mobile home that he was using for storage.
Eighty-two-year-old William Litaker ended up with dozens of firefighters at his family-owned property Thursday after the fire spread to a barn, two sheds and the mobile home. Litaker told the Salisbury Post he poured kerosene on the ground and set it on fire. The fire destroyed all four structures.He says he lost antique furniture, tools and farming equipment.
Litaker said he didn't think the fire would spread. He was not hurt.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.