GREENSBORO, N.C. – The N.C. Department of Labor found no violations in the way the Greensboro Fire Department handled a fire at an auto body shop in January.
Chief Clarence Hunter told WFMY News 2 the fire department plans on doing a better job of inspecting auto body shops and making sure they are managed safely.
Four firefighters were injured after the roof collapsed at the auto body shop on 811 South Elm Street on January 30. The fire was ruled accidental days later. Officials said it started when gasoline leaked from a car onto the floor, and ignited when a worker accidentally dropped a portable light onto the fuel.