You want to make sure you prepare the best way possible before a hurricane hits. But there are some things you should and shouldn't do in a hurricane.
Here's a list of 8 things you don't want to do in a hurricane.
1. Do not go joyriding or walking outside
2. Don’t use a charcoal grill in the house or garage
3. Do not touch any downed power lines
4. Don’t go to the emergency room for minor injuries
5. Avoid wild animals after a storm
6. Do not drain an in-ground pool
7. Do not be careless burning candles
8. Do not venture into the ocean or lagoon
Copyright 2016 WFMY