Royal Caribbean has canceled cruises on one of its popular ships in an effort to aid in humanitarian efforts in Puerto Rico.
Adventure of the Seas was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday for humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in evacuation and to donate critical supplies. Evacuees on the ship are also scheduled to be ferried to Fort Lauderdale.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors in San Juan and other affected islands as they rebuild after Hurricanes Irma and Maria," the company said in a statement on social media.
Those who had cruises on the ship that were canceled by the humanitarian efforts will receive a full refund of cruise fare and fees. Royal Caribbean is also offering a 25 percent future cruise credit based on the cruise fare for those who rebook in next 30 days.
The ship is scheduled to return to San Juan on Oct. 6 to prepare for its Oct. 7 cruise; however, several cruise routes have been changed until some of the ports and cities recover from storm damage. Royal Caribbean released the following schedule for some of its ships:
Adventure of the Seas:
- Oct. 7 – St. Croix to Martinique
- Oct. 14 – St. Croix to Antigua
Allure of the Seas:
- Oct. 1 – St. Thomas & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya
- Oct. 15 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya
Enchantment of the Seas:
- Oct. 2 and Oct. 9 – Freeport back to Key West
Harmony of the Seas:
- Oct. 7 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya
- Oct. 21 – St. Thomas, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya
Serenade of the Seas:
- Oct. 20 – St. Thomas & St. Maarten to St. Kitts & Antigua
Oasis of the Seas:
- Oct. 8 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya
- Oct. 22 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Nassau & Falmouth
© 2017 WXIA-TV