GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The Red Cross is opening up shelters across North Carolina for Hurricane Irma evacuees, including in Greensboro.
The City of Greensboro is offering a vacant warehouse on Soabar Street as a shelter. The space includes fully conditioned quarters with a capacity of 500 beds in over 84,000 square feet.
The City says right now, there is no need for people to provide donations for evacuees at this shelter.
Here is a complete North Carolina shelter list:
- Gaston County Resource Center, 1303 Dallas Cherryville Hwy., Dallas 28034. Open.
- City of Greensboro Shelter, 2305 Soabar St., Greensboro 27406. Opens at noon Sunday.
- East Henderson High School, 110 Upward Road, Hendersonville 28726. Open.
- Johnston County Industries, 912 N. Brightleaf Blvd., Smithfield 27577. Open.
- (OLD) J.M. Alexander Middle School, 12010 Hambright Road, Huntersville 28078. Open.
Copyright 2017 WFMY