Every holiday we transform sweet potatoes into something delicious.
This year will be no different.
Chef Felicia Daniel joined the Good Morning Show to share how to whip up a pecan praline sweet potato pound cake.
Hearing the name of this cake alone, is enough to make your mouth water!
Pecan Praline Sweet Potato Poundcake
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 5 tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sweet potatoes. Blend until smooth.
- Add sugars and beat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and spices.
- Alternately add eggs and flour. Once combined, add salt, vanilla and milk.
- Blend on medium for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into a well greased and floured tube/Bundt cake pan and place in center of oven. Bake for 90-95 minutes until knife comes out clean.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir until smooth on medium heat.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Add pecans and remove from heat.
- Stir mixture until pecans are evenly coated and mixture has slightly thickened.
- Remove cake from pan and place on cake plate.
- Carefully pour mixture over cake and let set until ready to serve.