NORTH PORT, Fla. — It was just another sunny day in Florida when North Port Police were called to a home on Hobblebrush Drive after somebody who lived there reported an intruder in their garage Tuesday.
However, it wasn’t a person who officers were there to escort out of the garage; it was a seven-foot-long alligator.
Officers said the gator seemed confused but was able to hitch a ride to a nearby canal.
There were no reported injuries to humans or gators during the incident.
What other people are reading right now:
- One dolphin shot, another stabbed. Wildlife officers are searching for a killer
- Police: Dad lied about stranger kidnapping 3-year-old because dispatcher wouldn't listen
- Ex-St. Petersburg police officer pleads guilty to child porn
- Parents, here's a new app your kids might be using that you should know about
- Florida ice cream man vigilante’s murder trial continues with survivors’ emotional testimonies
- Native American burial sites blown up to build border wall, congressman says