TULSA, Okla. — The Humane Society of Tulsa is rejoicing after an arrested was made in an animal cruelty case of a dog in its care.
According to the rescue, Atlas was found abandoned in a field back in February with his hind legs tied together, glue poured in his ears and shot by a BB gun. On Tuesday, the Creek County Sheriff’s Office announced an arrest.
According to deputies, 18-year-old Daniel Williams was arrested on animal cruelty charges after confessing.
There also seemed to be some type of chemical dumped on his face, ears and Atlas appeared to have his ears partially burned or cut off, according to the rescue.
“I have tears in my eyes and can barely see what I’m typing at the moment to know that we got JUSTICE FOR ATLAS,” the Humane Society of Tulsa wrote on Facebook.
It has been a long journey for their staff and Atlas since he was taken into their care.
Rescue cares for abused dog
According to the rescue, they completed x-rays, surgeries and hours of work removing the glue from his ears.
Through it all, they saID Atlas was just happy for the help:
“From the moment we met him, he wasn’t mean, vicious or protectively aggressive. He just wanted help and warmed up to us as he realized we were there to help,” the rescue wrote.
Atlas still has some recovery ahead of him according to the rescue, but right now they are taking things one step at a time.
“We did it Atlas. We did it! There are more good people than bad,” the rescue wrote on Facebook.
- Farnell Middle School closed for 48 hours after someone was exposed to coronavirus
- Your upcoming Princess Cruise was just canceled. Here's what you can do
- Catholic Diocese of St. Petersburg suspends shaking of hands, serving of blessed or consecrated wine
- NBA suspending season over coronavirus concerns
- Coronavirus in Florida: Latest updates
- State Department advises all US citizens to 'reconsider travel abroad' due to virus pandemic
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- COVID-19 preps: Why are people stocking up on toilet paper?
FREE 10NEWS APP: