LongHorn Steakhouse’s Fire-Grilled Hawaiian Ribeye
Inspired by LongHorn Steakhouse, this is not your average ribeye, it’s well-marbled, fire-grilled and made with a ginger-teriyaki marinade, topped with a fire-grilled pineapple to match.
- 4 12-oz. ribeye cuts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Granulated onion powder
- Granulated garlic powder
- Canola oil
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced into 8 rounds
- 1/2 cup thickened teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of crushed ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl, mix together teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, crushed ginger and minced garlic. Set aside a small portion of the marinade for basting the pineapples and steaks during grilling.
- Marinade the ribeye steaks for 4 hours prior to grilling for maximum flavor.
- Clean, spray oil your grill and heat to 450 degrees. If inside using a griddle, heat to medium-high.
- Baste pineapple slices with marinade.
- Grill pineapple rounds for about 1 minute on each side, until char marks form, then set aside.
- Season both sides of the ribeyes generously with granulated onion, granulated garlic powder, kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Place ribeyes on the grill, and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Brush with more marinade while grilling.
- Once ribeye is grilled to your liking, remove from the grill.
- Plate the ribeye, and top with two pineapple rounds.
Recipe serves four.
LongHorn Steakhouse is opening its GRILL Hotline for the seventh year on Memorial Day to share expert advice on how to bring quality to the grill from one of LongHorn’s expert Grill Masters. The restaurant’s certified Grill Masters will be available via phone at 1-855-LH-GRILL on Monday, May 27, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern to provide expert grilling tips just in time for holiday grill-outs.
For more information about LongHorn Steakhouse or to find your nearest location, visit LongHornSteakhouse.com. Connect with us at Facebook.com/LongHornSteakhouse, Twitter.com/LongHornSteaks and Instagram.com/LongHornSteaks.