On the menu: Pimento Beer Cheese Dip and Quickles. Enjoy!
Pimento Beer Cheese Dip
- 12 ounces pimento cheese
- 2 cups Lowes Foods shredded
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- Tortilla chips, celery stalks, etc. for dipping
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine beer and pimento cheese. Stir, being careful not to burn or boil.
- Once melted, add cheddar cheese and continue stirring until smooth.
- Serve warm with celery, tortilla chips or your favorite dipper!
Quick Pickles “Quickles”
- 4 - 6 ea. Pickling Cucumbers ( or one English cucumber)
- 1/2 ea. Red Onion
- 3 ea. Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 3 - 4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 3 ea. Bay leaf
- 3/4 Tsp. Turmeric
- Optional – Dill and other herbs, jalapeno and other spices
Tip- If you want to add a jalapeno, Poke holes in it prior to adding.
- Slice cucumbers & onions into ¼ inch pieces. Place in a heat proof bowl with the sliced onion
- Peel and slice the garlic into large pieces and place in a pot with 3 cups of water & remaining ingredients. (add optional ingredients)
- Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers and onions ensuring they are completely covered.
- Let cool to room temperature then place in refrigerator for storage.