Joining us in the WFMY News 2 Kitchen is Chef Joe Marchesiello with Lowes Foods. This morning he's breaking down the essentials needed for the best New Year's Eve party food. If you're looking for a nice dessert or gift check out Shari's Berries.
On the menu today: Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball, Sausage Balls, and fun Cheeseboards. Enjoy!
Pecan, Bacon & Pimento Cheese Ball
Yield: 3 ½ approx.
Prep Time: 30 min
8 oz. Cream cheese (softened)
8 oz. Pimento cheese (Musten & Crutchfield)
1 cup. Bacon pieces (fully cooked)
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
1. Combine cream cheese, pimento cheese, and 1/2 cup bacon pieces in a bowl. Mix together until all ingredients are distributed evenly.
2. Form into a ball and place in refrigerator for 10 min to firm-up
3. Add remaining bacon and pecan pieces to a plate and roll the ball in them to coat evenly.
4. Store under refrigeration until ready to serve
2 links Sausage Works pork sausage, decased
1/4 cup. Complete pancake and waffle mix
1/8 cup. Water
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In medium bowl, thoroughly mix together ingredients.
3. Using spoons or hands, form mixture into 10-12 balls. Place on lightly-greased baking sheet and cook until interiors reach 165.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature, with toothpicks inserted into each if desired.