CLEARWATER, Fla. — COVID-19 did not stop the Clearwater Police Department from helping make one boy's sixth birthday one to remember.
Police said when they found out Christian couldn't go anywhere and had to cancel his birthday party because of the coronavirus pandemic, they showed up to surprise him.
Clearwater police officers decided to drive by Christian's house with their lights and sirens on and wished him a happy birthday.
Christian smiled, waved, jumped up and down like it was the best birthday ever.
Christian's mother wrote to the Clearwater Police Department and said, “I cannot thank you enough for helping to make my son's birthday extra special! What we thought might be a really sad birthday turned into probably the best one he has had and will have! I may have too much to live up to now. Thank you again for making this happen. The officers were amazing!!”
The Clearwater Police Department wished Christian a very happy sixth birthday on its Facebook page.
- Gov. DeSantis: People can go to church under stay at home order
- Hillsborough County firefighter tests positive for coronavirus
- 'Fighting Chance Fund' will help small business owners and employees in St. Pete
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- Stay-at-home vs. shelter-in-place: Here's what they mean
- Jacksonville man sends emotional goodbye videos to family thinking he may die from COVID-19
- HBO makes 500 hours of programming free to stream while you're stuck at home
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter