SARASOTA, Fla. — A little girl from Sarasota who has spent much of her life in the hospital now has something to celebrate after receiving a swimming pool in her backyard from Make-A-Wish Southern Florida!
Priscilla Granados Soto wished for a swimming pool. The eight-year-old has already undergone four surgeries for a congenital heart issue and complications from the disease has kept her in the hospital for much of her life, according to a release.
Make-A-Wish says Priscilla's "happy place" is in the water where she is "relaxed and refreshed."
And on Sunday the foundation says it was able to make her wish come true. An "elaborate" pool party for Priscilla and her family and friends set the stage for the unveiling of her very own swimming pool, right in her backyard.
Make-A-Wish says it partnered with Sarasota Ford to serve frozen (non-alcoholic) drinks at the tiki bar, gave gifts and had music and dancing on the "to-do list" for Priscilla's special day.
The foundation says Priscilla was excited to "share a safe activity with her family that had nothing to do with hospitals and open-heart procedures."
- Waiting for the 3rd stimulus payment? Here's how to check online
- Where's my stimulus check? Chase, Wells Fargo expect midweek deposit
- Hillsborough County deputy says fallen Officer Jesse Madsen saved his life
- President Biden sets May 1 target to have all adults vaccine-eligible
- 'In pursuit of 8': Tom Brady confirms contract extension with Buccaneers
- List of last-minute Tampa Bay spring break camps for kids
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter