ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Stores across the United States either close or adjust business hours on holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
In 2020, stores were closed on Thanksgiving due to the pandemic. And this year, many stores are continuing the holiday closure as the Thanksgiving holiday approaches.
So, what is open on Thanksgiving?
Publix announced that it will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday but will reopen for regular store hours the following Friday. Winn-Dixie will also be closed as the company says it made the decision to give its workers a "day of rest with their family and loved ones."
Stores open on Thanksgiving 2021
- Big Lots — 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- CVS — Operating under normal hours by location, certain pharmacy locations may have shortened hours.
- Dollar General — 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Walgreens — Most stores are open for regular hours. All 24-hour pharmacy locations will be open, but some pharmacies may have shortened hours.
- Whole Foods — Hours vary by location
Stores closed on Thanksgiving 2021
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Sam's Club
- Trader Joe's
Although many retailers will be closed on Thanksgiving, shoppers can look forward to the Black Friday holiday that many stores have extended through the weekend.