The funnel cakes.
The turkey legs - really anything fried on a stick!
We're all missing those tasty festival treats right now, but the Good Morning Show has got you covered.
An amazing cook, Chef Felicia Daniel joined us virtually today to talk about deep fried margarita shots.
Here's the recipe! Enjoy!
Deep Fried Margarita Shots
• 4-5 slices of pound cake, approx. 1” thick
• 1-2 cups margarita mix (with or without tequila)
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Heat oil to 350 degrees
2. Cut pound cake slices into even cubes, set aside
3. Pour margarita mix into a shallow dish. Dip pound cake cubes in mix, being sure to completely saturate. Place on a plate to rest.
4. In a small bowl combine milk, powdered sugar(reserve 1-2 tsps to sprinkle on top) and juice from 3 lime wedges.
5. Carefully place cake pieces in oil, fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and allow to rest.
6. Place cake pieces in margarita glass, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with glaze. Place lime wedge on the side and serve!