GREENSBORO, N.C. — Editor's note: The video above is from the previous teen hiring event hosted by Greensboro Police Department and community leaders.
Teenagers looking for summer jobs have the chance to get hired this weekend.
Greensboro Police and community employers are holding a hiring event at Four Seasons Mall on Saturday, May 22 from 2-6 p.m. The event will feature over 500 jobs available at various businesses and organizations like the Greensboro Grasshoppers, Celebration Station, Carolina Pool Management, the City's Parks and Recreation Department, fast food restaurants, and more.
The job fair is part of GPD's Game-Changing Community Connectors initiative - an effort to help local businesses fill hundreds of open jobs and help teens make some extra summer cash.
Teens will need to be with a parent if coming to the job fair after 4 p.m., per the Four Seasons Mall rules.
GPD Chief Brian James started the 500 Jobs For Kids as part of his larger effort to address violent crime and the underlying issues that can lead to crime.
Here's a look at some of the positions that are available and how many:
- Greensboro Grasshoppers | Food and Beverage | 15 jobs available
- Celebration Station | Team Members | 25 jobs available
- City of Greensboro Parks & Recreation Aquatics | Lifeguards | 20 jobs available
- Carolina Pool Management | Lifeguards, Pool Attendants | 50 jobs available
- Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers | Cashiers and Cooks | 20 jobs available
- Spare Time Entertainment | Party Patrol, Server Assistant, etc. | 15 jobs available
- Rockin' Jump | Trampoline Park Team Member | 15 jobs available
To check out all the job listings, click here.
Employers who want to register, click here.