They say brushing (at least) twice a day and flossing regularly are the keys to a bright, white, healthy smile. But that’s not the whole truth.
Like most things, the products you choose to clean your teeth can make the difference between a dull grin and that million dollar smile. Not sure which products to pick? We’ve got you covered with five products that are sure to give you that sparkling smile you’ve been searching for — and a couple alternatives in case you like variety.
Our choice: Oral-B White Pro 1000
The Oral-B Pro 1000 round brush head is inspired by dental professionals and features angled bristles to break up and remove up to 300% more plaque than your old brush. It’s rechargeable and provides a thorough, yet gentle cleaning experience for each individual tooth. There’s even a smaller version for the kids!
You can get this powerful electric toothbrush now for $49.94. Get one for your little one too for just $24.97.
- The Philips Sonicare 2 Series gives your teeth 31,000 brush strokes per minute ($56.95) and Philips Sonicare for Kids comes with an interactive free app to get the young ones excited about brushing ($39.97).
- The Quip Electric Brush includes a convenient travel cover that doubles as a stand and mirror mount ($54.99).
2. Water Flosser
Our choice: Waterpik Aquarius Professional WP-660
The Waterpik Aquarius is the first product in its class accepted by the American Dental Association (ADA), so you know it’s legit. It’s clinically proven to remove up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas. WIth it, you’ll get 10 pressure settings, seven Waterpik water flossing tips, and 90 seconds of water capacity.
This professional water flosser usually retails for $89.99, but you can grab it now for just $79.97.
- The Water Flosser Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator features three different modes and includes four interchangeable jet tips ($42.99).
- Consider the Philips Sonicare AirFloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser for its unique air and micro-droplet technology ($49.99).
3. Teeth Whitening Kit
Our choice: Crest 3D White Professional Effects
If it’s a whiter smile you’re after, look no further than Crest 3D White, the first and only whitening strips accepted by the ADA. These thin, flexible strips coated in whitening gel conform to the shape of your teeth and can remove 10 years of tough set-in stains from coffee, wine and smoking. They use the same effective whitening ingredient as dentists and deliver the million dollar smile you’ve been seeking.
Worth $44.99, you can grab a pack of 14 treatments now for just $31.42.
- This AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit uses a gel-filled mouth tray and an LED light to deliver a brighter smile ($48.50).
- For a gentler, more natural option, go for Active Wow Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder Natural ($19.89).
Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste provides eight major benefits in one tube. Not only does it freshen your breath, but it also protects your teeth and gums from acid erosion, sensitivity, cavities, gingivitis, plaque, and bleeding gums. Oh, and did I mention it whitens your smile as well?
You can get a three-pack of Crest Pro-Health Advanced Toothpaste for just $9.97 now — down from $11.99.
- If strong, healthy teeth are what you’re after, get Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste for Tooth Enamel Strengthening, Fresh Breath to repair your enamel ($9.24 for a two-pack).
- If whitening is your goal, opt for Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste Cool Mint ($10.75).
Our choice: TheraBreath – Fresh Breath Oral Rinse
TheraBreath was formulated by dentists and is, of course, ADA-accepted. Since it’s alcohol-free, it destroys bad breath without any burning sensation or enamel erosion. It’s also proudly made in the U.S. with no artificial colors or flavors.
A two-pack of TheraBreath is just $15.75 now.
- If healthier gums are what you’re after, grab a bottle of Crest Pro-Health Multiprotection Rinse ($4.99).
- Tom’s of Maine Natural Wicked Fresh! Mouth Wash uses natural oils and zinc to combat bad breath ($3.99).
The station’s journalists were not involved in writing this story. StackCommerce is a partner of this station and its parent company; it selects products you might find interesting and creates stories about those products. StackCommerce, this Station and its parent company may receive a share of the revenue from the retailer that sells the product if you make a purchase through a link on this page.