GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police arrested an 18-year-old charged in connection with a deadly shooting outside the Guilford County Courthouse.
Sterling Jaisean Tyler is facing numerous charges including two counts of attempted first-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Greensboro police said three men were shot Monday outside the courthouse on South Eugene Street.
Police said Avion Imeen McLean, 20, of Laurinburg died from his injuries. The other man who was also taken to the hospital at last check was in critical condition.
A company police officer who witnessed the shooting engaged the armed person by discharging his weapon.
Tyler is in the Guilford County Jail with a 1,100,000 bond.
He’s also facing the following charges:
- Two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder
- Three counts of Assault With a Deadly Weapon with Intent to Kill
- Assault With a Deadly Weapon with Intent to Kill Inflicting Serious Injury
- Discharging a Weapon Into an Occupied Moving Vehicle
- Discharging a Weapon Into an Occupied Dwelling
- Two counts of Malicious Assault in Secret
- Felony Conspiracy to Commit Attempted First Degree Murder
- Larceny of Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Stolen Motor Vehicle
- Felony Conspiracy to Commit Larceny of a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Stolen Property
His next court date is scheduled for Dec. 15.