WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A woman was shot while she was inside her house in Winston-Salem Friday night, police said. The incident happened in the 2000 block of Harrison Avenue, according to the police report.
Officers say the 27-year-old woman was treated for a non-life threatening gunshot wound at local hospital. Police say, three children who were also inside the home at the time of the shooting were unharmed.
The Winston-Salem Police Department requests anyone with information regarding this investigation to contact the department at 336-773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 336-727-2800.
- Police Investigating a Shooting in the Parking Lot of a McDonald's in Winston-Salem
- Deadly Force was Necessary in Officer-Involved Shooting, Randolph Co. District Attorney’s Office Rules
- Student Accused of Plotting to Shoot Up High Point University Bonds Out of Jail: Guilford County Detention Center
- 2 Shootings in Less Than 2 Hours Apart in Greensboro
- Senate Bill 199: 'No Means No Even After Consent in North Carolina' | Read the Full Text, 9-Page Law