ATLANTA — Fans of the hit TV show “Strangers Things” are really getting a taste of the upcoming season thanks to a sweet and savory new reason to watch the July 4 premiere.
Yep - this takes the phrase “Netflix & Chill” to different heights because “Stranger Things” partnered up with Baskin-Robbins to create ice cream flavors inspired by the show’s upcoming third season.
Kicking off in June, the chain will offer two exclusive "Stranger Things"-inspired Flavors of the Month:
- Eleven's Heaven: a waffle cone-flavored ice cream with chocolate-coated sugar cone pieces and a chocolate icing flavored ribbon
- Upside Down Pralines: chocolate ice cream with praline pecans and a chocolate-caramel flavored ribbon
It has been revealed that Scoop Ahoy Ice Cream will be in the upcoming season.
Photos released by “Stranger Things” shows stars Maya Hawke and Joe Keery dressed in uniform alongside Gaten Mattarazo.
This partnership for “Stranger Things” is an interesting buzz tactic for the show, which, up until the announcement of a deal with “New Coke,” had not used commercial ads before premiering its past two seasons.
The advertisements and engagements replicate the summer of 1985, the period in which the show will be set.
“Stranger Things” creators Ross and Matt Duffers came up with the idea to put New Coke in the show as a kind of promotion, according to CNN.
The drink will also be available this summer for a limited promotional run, Coca-Cola said in a release.
“In a world of shifting media consumption, we continue to challenge ourselves to find creative and meaningful ways to participate in non-advertising platforms like Netflix to engage with the millions of fans who subscribe to streaming content services,” said Geoff Cottrill, Coca-Cola North America's senior vice president of strategic marketing.
These are the rest of the Baskin-Robbin menu options, which are all inspired the third season, and will come out later during summer.
- Upside Down Sundae: a sundae featuring the Upside Down Pralines Flavor of the Month that's built upside down with the toppings on the bottom
- Demogorgon Sundae: a waffle bowl sundae that frightfully resembles a Demogorgon monster
- Byers' House Lights Polar Pizza® Ice Cream Treat: a flash back to season one that includes a Chocolate Chip Polar Pizza® crust with Snickers® ice cream, topped with strings of fudge and M&Ms® Chocolate Candy Christmas lights
- USS Butterscotch Quarts: butterscotch flavored ice cream loaded with butterscotch toffee and a toffee ribbon, a sneak preview of what's to come in July
- Elevenade Freeze: a refreshing summer drink made with vanilla ice cream and Minute Maid™ Lemonade
- Exclusive Stranger Things Merchandise: including a one-of-a-kind Steve Funko figure, 80's-inspired magnets and sticker sets and Stranger Things t-shirts: all available at participating shops, while supplies last
- Collectible Containers: take home fresh-packed ice cream in one of four limited edition containers featuring Stranger Things designs: Baskin-Robbins double-dares fans to collect them all
"We wanted to give fans a taste of the new season of Stranger Things and are thrilled to partner with Netflix to give customers across the country an experience straight out of Hawkins, Indiana," said Carol Austin, Vice President of Marketing for Baskin-Robbins.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT FROM THE A-SCENE!