GATLINBURG, Tenn. — Gatlinburg has another distinction to add to its laurels! The Margaritaville Resort there has been named the Best New Hotel of 2018 in the country by USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice travel awards.
It was in the running for the title against 20 other hotels that were initially chosen by a panel of industry experts along with 10Best editors. Readers then ranked the top 10 winners by popular vote.
USA Today said the hotel's relaxed and beach-y Jimmy Buffett vibe combined with the amenities of a Smoky Mountains resort set it apart from the rest.
The hotel opened up back in June of 2018, and is the third Margaritaville property in Tennessee, a news release from the resort said.
“It is such an honor to be recognized Best New Hotel in the country by USA TODAY,” Bob McManus, the president and developer of the resort, said in the news release. “This award is a testament to the universal appeal of the Margaritaville lifestyle brand, our amazing team and their quality of service, as well as the unique atmosphere that we provide guests of our beautiful resort.”
The resort is located in the middle of downtown Gatlinburg on its own 4-acre river island.
Another Tennessee hotel made the list, with the Bobby Hotel in Nashville coming in at spot No. 10.
And a hotel in Bristol, Virginia, also made the cut! It got the No. 8 spot.
The full awards list is as follows:
- Margaritaville Resort Gatlinburg - Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston - Houston, Texas
- Lido House - Newport Beach, California
- Angad Arts Hotel - St. Louis, Missouri
- The Eliza Jane - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Hotel Paseo - Palm Desert, California
- westdrift Manhattan Beach - Manhattan Beach, California
- The Bristol Hotel - Bristol, Virginia
- Alohilani Resort - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Bobby Hotel - Nashville, Tennessee