LOUISVILLE, Ky. — As the coronavirus pandemic shuts down schools and businesses across the nation, there are limited options for those who rely on the community for their meals. Schools and senior centers are working to make sure that these residents have what they need by setting up drive-thru and carryout meal options.
In order to limit public contact for some of our more vulnerable citizens, the city of Louisville will have pickup only meals for seniors. The meals can be picked up at one of five community centers that are open for the sole purpose of meal distribution.
Seniors can get five meals at a time and return the following week for another five meals at these locations on these days:
- Mondays – St. Stephen Church Parking Lot, (1018 S. 15th St., 40210 - Parking lot across the street from St. Stephen Church at the corner of South 15th and Kentucky streets)
- Tuesdays – Beechmont Community Center (205 Wellington Ave., 40214)
- Wednesdays – Sun Valley Community Center (6505 Bethany Lane, 40272) and East Government Center (200 Juneau Drive, 40243)
- Thursdays – New site to be announced soon
- Fridays – Former Kroger site in Old Louisville (924 S. Second St., 40203)
Now through April 3, up to 1,000 frozen meal packs (each containing five meals) will be distributed each weekday at six locations throughout the community on a rotating schedule.
Meals will also be available at the East Government Center. Call (502) 574-5223 for more information.
JCPS Students can pick up breakfast and lunch three days a week at one of nearly 70 sites around Louisville. A full list of sites can be found here. Many of the sites are mobile. (Note: Some mobile sites have changed times. Check the list for the most recent updates.)
The Oldham County School district also released an emergency feeding plan for children 18 and under.
Monday through Friday a to-go breakfast and lunch will be provided. Call 502-241-3513 by 9 a.m. to request meals, and pick up between the hours of 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. These are pickup and take-home meals.
La Grange Elementary
500 W. Jefferson St.
La Grange, KY 40031
Oldham County Middle School
4305 Brown Blvd.
La Grange, KY 40031
Kenwood Station Elementary
6321 Veterans Memorial Pkwy.
Crestwood, KY 40014
1901 South Highway 1793
Goshen, KY 40026
Greater Clark County Schools in southern Indiana is serving lunch at various locations for students. Food services are open from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. and all of these locations are drive-thru.
- New Washington Elementary (New Washington)
- Pleasant Ridge Elementary (Charlestown)
- The Mark Fetter Center (Jeffersonville)
- Bob Hedge Park (Jeffersonville)
MORE FROM WHAS11:
Download the WHAS11 News app now for the latest information and updates.