Breaking News
More () »

Need help with rent and utilities? Funds are still available

Programs available in the Triad to help with rent and utilities.



The HOPE Program application period is not tied to the end of the federal eviction moratorium and will continue to accept applications after the federal moratorium ends.

The HOPE Program pays up to 12 months of rent assistance, which may include up to nine months of past due rent and three months of future rent. People who previously applied to the HOPE Program are encouraged to re-apply if they still need help.

The HOPE Program is in place in 80+ counties in NC. The areas not covered by the HOPE Program, have assistance programs through their cities and counties. 


If you have taken the steps listed above and your landlord is still attempting to evict you, please contact Legal Aid of NC at 1-866-219-5262 or visit www.legalaidnc.org for assistance.

Many people applied to the HOPE program to get help paying their housing-related bills. The program pays rent for up to six months, but if a landlord accepts, he or she can't evict for non-payment for the remainder of the lease.


To date, Guilford County has received 1,502 applications, processed 1,362 of those, with 140 still pending or in progress. The county has spent $2,122,468.00 assisting renters in need. Call 336-641-3000 

Changes to Guilford County ERAP:

Effective July 9, county leaders will open the application portal to Greensboro residents. Anyone in Greensboro will now be able to apply for assistance through Guilford County. 

Help in Rockingham County: 

The United Way of Rockingham County is accepting applications for residents in need of rent and utility help. 

Eligible applicants can be approved for up to $1,000 per household as long as they can provide documentation showing a loss of income during the pandemic. 

Anyone in need of assistance can learn more here


There are two programs available in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County area: rent/utility assistance and rent/utility assistance. 

The Forsyth County Health Department of Social Services is assisting families with applications as needed. 

Transportation to the application lab is available, applicants should schedule their ride first before scheduling an appointment with D.S.S.


Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out