GREENSBORO, N.C. - Are you looking for something fun to do for the holidays?
If so, the City of Greensboro is offering several winter festivals, concerts, dances, and holiday activities for everyone of all ages to enjoy.
Greensboro Parks and Recreation is holding it's Annual 'Tis The Season Holiday Festival on Saturday at the Brown Recreation Center from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The family-friendly event will feature holiday arts and crafts, vendors, and train rides for the kids.
Santa Clause will also be on hand , spreading holiday cheer and taking pictures with children.
The event is free and open to the public.
If you can't make it to the holiday festival, you might want to consider going to another event this month.
Below, you'll find a full list of holiday activities and events open to the public.
Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation Holiday Party
- Lindley Recreation Center
- Friday, December 7, 10 am to 12 noon
- Gift swap and luncheon. Cost is $3 for lunch. Call 336-373-2626 to register.
Holiday Party in LeBauer Park
- Saturday, December 8, 12-3 pm
- Caroling and live holiday music, crafts and games, and a photographer will be on site to take your picture with Santa.
Annual 'Tis the Season Holiday Festival
- Brown Recreation Center, Saturday, December 8, 3-6 pm
- A holiday festival for the whole family. Holiday arts and crafts, vendors, pictures with Santa and train rides.
Showing Love Holiday Event
- Windsor Recreation Center: December 8, 2-5 pm
- Enjoy poetry basketball, cookies and other refreshments, face-painting and gifts.
Concerts & Dances:
Greensboro Oratorio Singers Present Handel's Messiah
- Carolina Theatre, Tuesday, November 27, 7:00 p.m.
- LeBauer Park, Thursday, December 6, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Music by Sinai Mountain Ramblers, Israeli dance and crafts.
- Lindley Recreation Center , December 11, 6-8 p.m.
- Parks and Recreation's Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation program hosts a holiday dance for individuals of all abilities.
- LeBauer Park , Thursday, December 13, 6:30-9 p.m.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus, holiday music, and carols by Season's Best Carolers and Los Hermanos Leonides.
Activities for Seniors
Holiday Cake Contest
- Smith Senior Center, Monday, December 3, 1:00 p.m.
- Enter your favorite holiday cake into this tasty contest.
- You will be judged on creativity, taste and presentation.
- Please arrive at 12 pm to decorate your table. Not into baking?
- We need tasters to vote on the winner.
- Register for the contest by Wednesday, November 28, by calling 336-373-7564.
Christmas Cookie Swap
- Smith Senior Center, Monday, December 10, 1 pm.
- Bring a batch or two of your favorite cookies to swap and a copy of the recipe to share.
- Beverages provided.
- Please register by Wednesday, December 5, by calling 336-373-7564.
Holiday Lunch Bunch
- Lucky 32, Tuesdays, December 11 and 18, 11:15 am
- Meet at Lucky 32 or get a ride from the Smith Senior Center at 11 am.
- Register by Wednesday, December 5, by calling 336-373-7564.
- Please bring a wrapped gift to exchange.
Create Your Own Christmas Crafts at Smith Senior Center
- Register to participate at least one week in advance of the program by calling 336-373-7564.
- Burlap Ruffle Christmas Wreath: Wednesday, November 28, 1-3 pm, $25
- Deco Mesh Christmas Tree: Wednesday, December 5, 1-3 pm, $25
- Lighted Christmas Balls: Thursday, December 6, 1-3 pm, $15 for four ball. Choose from wire or plastic cups. Please bring four strands of 25 lights with you.
- Lighted Mason Jars with Poinsettias: Friday, December 7, 10 am to 12 noon, $15 for one, $30 for two
- Deco Mesh Christmas Angels: Friday, December 7, 1-3 pm. $10 for two
- Lighted Snowman Wreath: Wednesday, December 12, 1-3 pm, $25
Giving and Volunteer Opportunities
- Greensboro Youth Council's Santa's Workshop collects new and gently used toys at local libraries, recreation centers, and other locations until December 8.
- The gifts will be distributed to local families in need this holiday season.
Mayor's Committee for Persons with Disabilities Shopper's Day
- This annual event at the Four Seasons Town Centre provides an opportunity for hundreds of individuals with disabilities and volunteers to interact, gain understanding, and share some holiday cheer.
- Make a financial contribution online.
Wreaths Across America
- Forest Lawn Cemetery: December 15, 11 am
- Volunteers place wreaths at veterans' graves to show their gratitude and appreciation during the holiday season.
Letters to Santa
- November 19 through December 10
- Children can drop off their letters to Santa at the Greensboro Cultural Center or Griffin, Glenwood, Leonard or Lewis recreation centers.
- They will receive a return letter in the mail.
Pictures and Cookies with Santa
- Windsor Recreation Center, December 8 and 22, 2-5 pm
- Tell Santa what's on your Christmas list.
Pictures with Santa
- Smith Senior Center: Thursday, December 13, 4-7 pm and December 14, 10 am to 1 pm
- Santa and Mrs. Claus invite you to bring your grandchildren, pets, spouse or friends to enjoy milk and cookies and have your picture taken.
- Pictures are $5 each and will be printed while you wait.
- Well-behaved grandchildren and pets are welcome.
- No appointment is necessary.
- For more information, call 336-373-7564.