Who? You: Channel your best Billy Joel for a chance to win a pair of tickets to see Billy Joel at BB&T Field, Saturday, October 13. Create a :20-:30 video of your own performance of a Billy Joel song. Upload the video to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, using hashtag #2toJoel.
5 winners will be chosen by Greensboro’s Grammy Award-winning producer, Fanatic. Your video may be featured on the Good Morning Show!
The winners of the "WFMY's #2 to Joel Contest" will each get a pair of tickets to see Billy Joel at BB&T Field in Winston-Salem.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “WFMY’s #2 to Joel Contest” wins a pair of tickets to see Billy Joel at BB&T Field Contest” (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of North Carolina and Virginia. Employees and contractors of WFMY Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., Billy Joel and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win. #2toJoel – Viewers are invited to create a video no longer than 20 seconds of their own acoustic performance of a Billy Joel song, to win a pair of tickets to the Billy Joel concert on 10/13 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Videos will be uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, using “#2toJoel”.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on Monday, October 1, 2018 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, October 5, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Enter by uploading your video to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the “2toJoel” hashtag On or about October 6, 2018, Five winners will be chosen by Greensboro’s Grammy Award-winning producer Fanatic, with winners selected based on overall artistic merit (50%) and originality (50%). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, October 5, 2018.
4. Winner Selection. On or about October 6, 2018 contest entries are reviewed and chosen and the winners are notified. Five winners will be chosen by Greensboro’s Grammy Award-winning producer Fanatic. Winning videos may be featured on the Good Morning Show one per day through October 8-12, 2018 at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Prizes and Odds. Each of the five winners will receive two tickets to the Billy Joel concert in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on October 13, 2018 (ARV: $319 each). Transportation, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries and on the judge’s determination.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about October 6, 2018. They will be contacted through their social media handle that they used to submit their video entry. A message will be sent to them asking them to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us their contact information. Winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification by e-mail within 24 hours after notification. Failure to respond to Sponsor’s e-mail notification or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must call Sponsor’s offices at 336-379-5735 or visit Sponsor’s offices at 1615 Phillips Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27405 (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (E.T) and 5:30 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays). Valid photo identification will be required by Sponsor in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc. and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Contest, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Contest or any prize. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The “WFMY’s #2 to Joel Contest” is sponsored by WFMY Television, LLC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after October 28, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), "WFMY’s #2 to Joel Contest", 1615 Phillips Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27405.
If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Shannon Cruz at 336-379-5735 or email@example.com.
WFMY Multimedia Platforms: