GREENSBORO, N.C. — Weather on Halloween was anything but a treat. The area was under a tornado warning for several hours. Many people are spending the day cleaning up from fallen trees.
Here's a list of the new dates and times Greensboro-area neighborhoods are hosting pose Halloween Day family fun events.
- Greensboro's Lindley Park Neighborhood: Festivities moved to Friday, November 1 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. The area between Longview, Lindell, Sherwood, and Walker will be closed to car traffic at that time to allow for safe trick-or-treating.
- Asheboro's Trick Or Treat In The Park: Event moved from Halloween to Thursday, November 7 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at McCrary Park at 138 Southway Road.
- Kernersville's Tredegar Neighborhood: Festivities Postponed until November 1.
- Trick or Treating For Town of Walnut Cove and City of King: Rescheduled for November 1, from 5:00 p.m. to 8 p.m. Main street will not be closed as originally planned.
- 'Rural HALLoween' Trick-or-Treat (Town of Rural Hall): Moved to Friday, November 1st from 6-9 PM on Broad Street.
- Rock Hill Sovereign Grace Church Fall Festival: Rescheduled for Sunday, November 2nd, from 12 pm-2 pm. It will take place in Arlington Park in Greensboro. There will be games, face painting, free food and more. Trick or treats will also be given out to the kids.
- Steeplegate Community's Trick or Treat Event: Trinity's Steeplegate community has moved their trick or treat to Friday night, November, 1st.
- Birch Creek Subdivision (Mcleansville): Celebrations for Halloween being moved to Friday, November 1.
- Kingsfield Forest in Archdale: Celebrations for Halloween moved to Friday, November 1.
- Pearman Estates neighborhood in Oak Ridge: Trick-or-Treating moved to Friday, November 1.
- Brown Oaks in Randleman: Trick-or-Treating moved to Friday, November 1st.
- Forest Oaks Neighborhood in Southeast Guilford County: Trick-or-Treating moved to Friday, November 1st.
- Ledford Downs Neighborhood in Thomasville: Trick-or-Treating moved to Friday, November 1st.
- Downtown Mount Airy Trick-or-Treat Event: Rescheduled for Friday, November 1st from 3-5 p.m.
- Bethlehem UMC in Reidsville Trunk-or-Treat Event: Rescheduled for Friday, November 1st from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Reedy Fork Neighborhood in Greensboro: Trick-or-Treating moved to Friday, November 1st.
- Gibsonville: Gibsonville's “Trunk or Treat” will be held on November 1st from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm going from the Gibsonville United Methodist Church on Church St. down Joyner St. to the First Baptist Church on Piedmont St.
Ashley Woods Subdivision (Gibsonville/Elon): Will be postponing their trick-or-treating until Saturday, November 2nd.
Wilson Farm Neighborhood in Summerfield: Trick-or-Treating is moved to Friday, November 1st
Rocklyn Neighborhood in Davidson/Forsyth County (on the border of both counties): Came together as a neighborhood to move trick or treating to Friday, November 1st.
The Chandler Oaks neighborhood will postpone trick-or-treating until Friday night.
Old Friendly Acres Trick-Or-Treat Moved: The Old Friendly hills community in Greensboro will reschedule its trick-or-treating until Friday from 6 pm to 8 pm.
Adams Farm Trick-or-Treating moved: The Adams Farm community in Greensboro says they'll hold trick-or-treating on Friday, November 1st.
Are we missing any listings? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with information & updates.
The new WFMY News 2 phone and tablet app boasts a modernized look and feel—download now.