GREENSBORO, N.C. — Multiple ceremonies and events are happening across the Piedmont Triad on Monday to honor the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. You can find a full list of events below. Text a photo of a hero you are honoring and remembering this Memorial Day to 336-379-5775.
Monday, May 31: Veterans’ Memorial Wall in Wrenn-Miller Park Wreath Presentation & Flag Raising
- The event is set to start at 11 a.m. at 101 Guilford Road in Jamestown.
- For more information, click here.
Monday, May 31: Carolina Field of Honor Memorial Day Ceremony
- After having to cancel last year's ceremony due to the pandemic, the Carolina Field of Honor's annual Memorial Day Ceremony returns Monday.
- The memorial service will begin at 11 a.m. and end at 12 p.m.
- Carolina Field of Honor is located within Triad Park, 9652 West Market Street, Kernersville, NC.
- This year’s guest speaker is retired Navy Master Chief Petty Officer and Navy SEAL, Steve Nash. Nash was a UDT (Underwater Demolitions Team) diver before moving into SEAL Team 1. Nash was awarded the Silver Star and Purple Heart for his service during his many tours of Vietnam.
- Event coordinators ask you to bring your lawn chairs for seating, wear masks as you deem appropriate, and social distance.
Monday, May 31: 17th Annual High Point Memorial Day Service
- Join us to remember and pay tribute to our fallen military heroes at 10 a.m. Monday.
- The ceremony will be at the corner of South Main Street and High Street in High Point.
- The event will feature the Randolph County Honor Guard, music, a wreath-laying, and more.
Monday, May 31: Town of Oak Ridge Memorial Day Observance
- The ceremony will be at Oak Ridge Town Park, located at 6231 Lisa Drive in Oak Ridge.
- It begins at 10 a.m. and will last about 30 minutes.
- Local Scouts troops will provide the string ensemble, flag detail, speaker, and bugler.
Monday, May 31: Memorial Day Flag Retirement Ceremony honoring Lance Cpl. Christopher Phoenix “Jacob” Levy
- The public is invited to attend a flag retirement ceremony honoring the life of Lance Cpl. Christopher Phoenix “Jacob” Levy on Monday from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- It will be held at the Scout Flag Retirement Center located in the Oak Ridge Town Park across from the fire station. The address is 8325 Linville Road, Oak Ridge, NC.
- Lance Cpl. Levy was an infantry rifleman and machine gunner in the 1/6th Battalion regimental Combat Team 8 of the 2nd Marine division. He died in combat in December 2011 while serving in Afghanistan.
- Guilford County government has partnered with the Scouts to honor this fallen hero. Jacob’s mother, Amanda Ballard, will be in attendance.
Stay connected to local, national, and breaking news: Download the WFMY News 2 app.
►Text the word APP to 336-379-5775