Veterans Day is coming up and several Triad organizations are honoring the military with events and services.
If you know of an event that’s not listed send an email with details to email@example.com.
We also want to see pictures and stories of the veterans in your life. Tweet us (@WFMY) using the hashtag #VeteransOn2.
Greensboro Veterans Day Parade
- Where: Parade begins at the corner of Lindsay and Summit, near the Greensboro Historical Museum
- When: Saturday, Nov. 12, 1 p.m.
- Route: The parade will travel east on Lindsay to Yanceyville Road where it will disband at War Memorial Stadium. The reviewing stand will be at the Lindsay & Murrow Boulevard intersection.
- Also: Greensboro Transit Authority buses will give veterans a free ride to the parade. Vets will need a proper ID to be able to ride for free.
Veteran's Day Giveback
- Collection of food, toiletries, other goods to benefit the veterans at the VA Medical Center in Kernersville
- When: Now through Nov. 15
- Where: Deep River Recreation Center in High Point
- For more info: (336) 883-2407
Park Program Honors Veterans Day
- When: Saturday, Nov. 12 from 10am to 4pm
- Where: Guilford Courthouse National Military Park, 2332 New Garden Road in Greensboro
- Info: The park will present the "History of the American Soldier."
Graham Veterans Breakfast
- When: Saturday, Nov. 12, 8 a.m.
- Where: VFW Post 95
- Breakfast is free. Donations are encouraged.
Country Inn & Suites Burlington 5th Annual Veterans Appreciation Event
- What: Veterans from across the country have been invited to the hotel for dinner, prizes, gift bags, live music, and a complimentary night's stay at the hotel. The hotel is booking all 74 rooms with veterans at no cost.
- Where: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson in Burlington (3211 Wilson Drive)
- When: Sunday, Nov.. 13, from 3 — 9 p.m.
Asheboro Rotary Club/Asheboro Chamber of Commerce present The Field of Honor
- When: Nov. 11 through Nov. 13
- Where: South Asheboro Middle School baseball field.
- More info: Amy Rudisill at the Asheboro-Randolph Chamber at 336-626-2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The opening ceremony will be held at the SAMS baseball field on Friday, November 11, at 12 p.m., and will feature a P3 Trainer flyover, presentation and retirement of colors by the Randolph County Sheriff’s Department Honor Guard
- Flags can be purchased during the event, as well as in advance, at chamber.asheboro.com to sponsor a military member.
- The closing ceremony for the event will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 13 and will feature the reading of the names of those being honored with flags, as well as the Randolph County Honor Guard presenting and retiring the colors.
Wake Forest Law's Veterans Advocacy Law Organization (VALOR) U.S. Marine Corps Birthday Ceremony (Day 3)
- Date: Saturday, 11/12
- Time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- What: VALOR will host a free legal workshop for all veterans and current service members in the greater community.
- Where: Wake Forest Law Commons, Worrell Professional Center
- Contact: Laura O’Grady (email@example.com) for more information
Stay on top of News, Weather, Sports by downloading WFMY News 2 apps or signing up for our text alerts.