MOUNT AIRY, NC (WFMY) - A Mount Airy woman was dealt hundreds of charges in an insurance fraud investigation related to several house fires.
Bonnie Neely, 64, was one of three arrested on Aug. 3 from Mount Airy. Neely was given 443 charges, including:
- 208 counts of Obtaining Property By False Pretense
- 223 counts of Exploitation of the Elderly
- 9 counts of Insurance Fraud
- 2 counts of Second-Degree Arson
- 1 count of Burning Certain Buildings
Neely was placed in the Surry County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond.
William Neely, 61, was charged with two counts of Insurance Fraud and two counts of Obtaining Property by False Pretense. Tabatha Cox, 43, was charged with eight counts of Insurance Fraud and four counts of Obtaining Property by False Pretense.