Hampton Police Division said during a press conference that a body has been found in the search for a 2-year-old toddler who went missing last week.
Hampton Police Chief Terry Sult said police are waiting for the body to be identified and an autopsy to be conducted.
Officers said the remains were found at the Hampton Steam Plant at 8:50 a.m. on Wednesday.
Crews had to sift through more than two million pounds of trash during their search.
Watch the full press conference below:
The Hampton Police Division released all of the organizations that made searching for Noah possible:
- Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue
- Hampton Emergency Management
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Virginia State Police
- York County Sheriff’s Office
- Poquoson Police and Fire Department
- Norfolk Police Department
- Newport News Police Department
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- Ice Customs and Border Patrol
- Virginia Port Authority Marine Incident Response Team
- Tidewater Search and Rescue
- Hampton Roads Incident Management Team
- Chesapeake Fire Department
- Hampton Public Works
- Hampton Waste Management
- Hampton Parks and Recreation