HOLIDAY, Fla. — A 4-year-old boy is expected to be OK after he was struck by a pickup while getting off a school bus Thursday afternoon, the Florida Highway Patrol said. The search is now on for the driver.
The incident happened at Flora Avenue and Excalibur Street.
Troopers say a blue Chevy S10 pickup truck struck the boy and left the scene headed west on Gaslight Avenue. Witnesses said the driver is a white male.
The child had serious injuries, troopers told 10News.
Anyone with information on the driver is asked to call FHP at 813-558-1800 or Crime Stoppers at 800-873-TIPS.
Editor's note: A previous version of this story said the child was 7 years old. That has been updated with new information from FHP.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'God blessed me with a platform to speak.' Man who saved baby near highway continues to spread generosity years later
- President Trump approves student debt forgiveness for disabled veterans
- SCARY VIDEO: Rope snaps seconds before slingshot ride launches at Florida park
- 'Hero' neighbor shoots, kills man in domestic violence situation, sheriff says
- Few clues, Gulf Stream making search for missing firemen extremely difficult
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.