WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Winston-Salem Fire officials say a woman died in a house fire on Sunday afternoon. 

The fire happened on Inwood Drive off Yadkinville Road. Fire crews said they received a call for help just before 4:00 p.m. and that a woman was trapped inside the house. Firefighters took a hose line through the front door while looking for the victim. Fire crews found 69-year-old, Judy Snyder in the main hallway of the house. They tried to save her but said she died from smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators said the fire started after a candle was too close to combustibles in the living room. 

RELATED: Rockingham County Fire Marshal's Office mourns the loss of K-9 Phoenix

RELATED: Triad paramedic's daughter died after he responded to a fire at his own home

RELATED: Asheboro WWII veteran known for photographing Hiroshima atomic bomb strike dies at 96

RELATED: Fire destroys golf cart business in Forsyth County.