RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — Randolph County Public Health identified its third case of coronavirus on Tuesday morning.
According to a release from the health department, the person who tested positive recently traveled outside of North Carolina.
The health department did not say if the third case is connected to the other two cases. Randolph County recorded its first case of coronavirus yesterday.
Randolph County Public Health recommends these actions to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between self and others
- Stay home if sick, except to get medical care. Wear a surgical mask if travel is unavoidable.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, scrubbing between fingers, under fingernails, and on backs and sides of hands. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and rub in until dry if soap and water are not available.
- Regularly sanitize surfaces that other people come in contact with (i.e. phone, keyboard, workstation, doorknobs, etc.)