GREENSBORO, N.C. — Can you already smell the buttered popcorn? Regal Cinemas is reopening theaters in the Triad and across the state this month.
Other locations in Charlotte and Raleigh will also open on Friday and include Regal Starlight in Charlotte, Regal Birkdale in Huntersville, Regal Brier Creek and the Regal North Hills in Raleigh.
Select theatres are showing Godzilla vs. Kong and Mortal Kombat.
Theaters will be following COVID-19 safety guidelines. You must wear a face mask at all times while in the theatre lobby, auditoriums, and restrooms. Masks can only be removed to eat and drink while in the auditorium.
You can also purchase tickets in advance on the Regal mobile app. You can also purchase concession items from the app when in-theatre. The theater will close self-service condiment stands. Workers will also refill large soft drinks or popcorns by exchanging your cup or bucket for a new container. Theaters with bars will remain open for walk-up service only.
The theater will also close off two empty seats between groups to follow proper social distancing throughout the movie.
Other Regal theaters opening in North Carolina:
Opening May 7
- Greensboro, Regal Greensboro Grande & RPX
- Asheville, Regal Biltmore Grande & RPX
- Raleigh, Regal Brier Creek
- Raleigh, Regal North Hills
- Garner, Regal White Oak
- Huntersville, Regal Birkdale & RPX
- Cary, Regal Crossroads & IMAX
- Wilmington, Regal Mayfaire & IMAX
- Charlotte, Regal Starlight
Opening May 14
- Charlotte, Regal Phillips Place
- Apex, Regal Beaver Creek & 4DX
- Gastonia, Regal Franklin Square
Opening May 21
- High Point, Regal Palladium & IMAX
- Charlotte, Regal Cinebarre Arboretum
- Boone, Regal Boone Cinema
- Greenville, Regal Greenville Grande