GREENSBORO, N.C. — Text the word BERRY to 336-379-5775 to keep this list of farms handy.
It's strawberry season! Strawberry farms across the Triad are preparing to sell their harvest or have already started. Some farms have returned to pick-your-own berries, while others will continue doing pre-picked buckets as they've done the past two years.
Below is a county-by-county list of strawberry farms in the Triad. We recommend calling ahead or checking the farms' social media pages for updates.
Want to be included in the list? Email details to firstname.lastname@example.org and include location, phone number, hours of operation, and information about U-pick and/or pre-picked strawberries.
- Location: 4021 Hicone Road, Greensboro, NC
- Phone: 336-621-1264
- Typical hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- More info: Rudd Farm will be doing drive-through berry buckets this season as they've done for the past two years. The farm posts regular updates on social media about various crops available.
- Location: 5421 Groometown Road, Greensboro, NC 27407
- Phone: (336) 852-1594
- Typical hours: The farm's website says, "Due to recent COVID-19 concerns, please contact us for our special hours."
- More info: The farm will continue to offer drive-through strawberries.
- Location: 6434 Highway 158, Summerfield, NC
- Phone: 336-286-7622
- Typical hours: Per their website, check Freedom House Farm's Facebook page for hours and updates.
- More info: Strawberries for $6/quart, $18/gallon, and U-pick for $17/gallon.
- Location: 6810 McLeansville Road, McLeansville, NC
- Phone: 336-375-3613
- Typical hours: Every day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- More info: $15/bucket pre-picked, $5/quart pre-picked, will be offering pick-your-own later in the season. Check Facebook or call for updates.
- Location: 2991 Providence Church Road, Climax, NC
- Phone: 336-685-4888
- Typical hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- More info: The farm is now offering U-pick strawberries at its Climax location. You can also get pre-picked berries at Whitaker Farms' Retail Garden Center in Franklinville, NC, and at their booth at the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Marker in Greensboro, NC.
Wheeler Farm's Strawberries
- Location: 480 Unicorn Rd., Reidsville, NC 27320
- Phone number : (336) 951-9158
- $15 a gallon pre-picked
Wise Acres Strawberries
- Location: 1218 Berrymore Rd., Reidsville, NC 27320
- Phone: (336) 616-2121
- $14 for a prepicked gallon
- Location: 2450 Highway 66, Kernersville, NC
- Phone: (336) 816-3082 and (336) 345-0757
- Typical hours: Call the farm for hours of operation.
- More info: Follow the farm on Facebook for updates on strawberries.
Jones Strawberry Farm (**Preparing to open for strawberry season on Saturday, April 23 at 9 a.m.)
- Location: 5480 Seward Road, Pfafftown, NC
- Phone: 336-345-2149
- Typical hours: Check for updates based on availability.
- More info: $17 for a pre-picked gallon, $15 for a U-pick gallon for Opening Day.
- Location: 3011 Abbotts Creek Church Road, Kernersville, NC
- Phone: 336-869-4762
- Typical hours: Check the farm's Facebook page for regular updates on hours.
- More info: The farm will not do U-pick berries this year. Instead, it will offer pre-picked baskets.
Country Road Strawberries (**Expected to open no later than May 6 for strawberry season.)
- Location: 456 Pinnacle Hotel Road, Pinnacle, NC (*NEW LOCATION! About a mile from their old location.)
- Phone: (336)-325-3331
- Typical hours: Usually Monday-Friday during regular business hours, but check the farm's Facebook page for updates on strawberry hours/special dates.
- More info: Check back for when strawberries will be available. The farm expects to open no later than May 6.
The Farm Dobson (**Strawberry season starts April 29.)
- Location: 769 Bray Ford Rd, Dobson, NC
- Phone: 336-817-5208
- Typical hours: Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for pre-picked strawberries. Special hours Friday-Sunday for U-pick strawberries and kids activities.
- More info: U-pick strawberries will be available just on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. You can still get pre-picked berries on these days as well.
Know a farm we should add to the list? Email the details to email@example.com.