CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A UNC Charlotte student who was injured when a gunman walked into his classroom last month and opened fire just enjoyed his first meal since the deadly shooting.
Drew Pescaro posted a photo of his meal to his Instagram page on Wednesday. Pescaro is still in the hospital recovering from his injuries but says he's doing well.
The UNCC student's first meal from his hospital bed consisted of grilled cheese, fries, pineapple ice cream, sweet tea and of course a cookie on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day.
On Monday, Pescaro tweeted a video that shows him walking for the first time in two weeks.
"Took my first steps without a walker today so I felt the need to share it with everyone,"' Pescaro tweeted.
Two people were killed and four others were injured in the deadly rampage. CMPD identified the students killed as Ellis Parlier, 19, of Midland, N.C., and Riley Howell, 21, of Waynesville, N.C.
Related on WCNC:
- Several students decorate caps honoring UNC Charlotte shooting victims during commencement ceremonies
- Tim Tebow makes FaceTime call to recovering UNCC shooting victim, Drew Pescaro
- 'When I first saw you, it was like the sun came out' | Loved ones remember UNCC shooting victim Riley Howell at memorial service
- 'Stay strong, Charlotte:' UNCC shooting victim posts Instagram update
- Friends, family remember UNCC victim Ellis 'Reed' Parlier as funny, bright