x
Breaking News
More () »

Winston-Salem home destroyed in fire caused by faulty chimney

One person is now out of a home right before Thanksgiving.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Winston-Salem fire officials said a home was completely destroyed in a fire that was caused by a faulty chimney late Monday night. 

The call came in at 9:44 p.m. according to Winston-Salem officials. 

The home was fully in flames as fire crews arrived at the home located in the 2700 block of Sedgwick Street, according to the Winston-Salem Fire Department. 

Fire crews captured the fire on their helmet cameras as they battled to get the fire under control. The video shows intense flames and heavy smoke in the area. 

Fire officials said no one was hurt, but one person was displaced from the home. The house is a total loss.