NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. — A 9-year-old girl from Ohio was bitten by a shark on New Smyrna Beach, WKMG reported.
The CBS affiliate station said Volusia County Beach Safety Patrol crews said the girl was bitten on the leg Friday morning while in knee-deep water.
A beach safety patrol captain said the girl's injuries were not life-threatening, but she was taken to a local hospital.
What other people are reading right now:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. aboard plane that ran off runway and caught fire
- He awoke to the sound of breaking glass. Then he shot and killed the person who broke in
- ‘Born out of wedlock’ policy used to deny 1-year-old citizenship because her parents are gay
- Woman promised her twins to couple, then backed out, deputies say
- Oldest woman in America celebrates 115th birthday
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.