WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A New York couple's luxurious Florida vacation home has been taken over by dozens of black vultures that are vomiting and defecating everywhere.
The Palm Beach Post reports the Casimano family can't even visit the $702,000 home they purchased earlier this year in the Ibis Golf and Country Club.
Siobhan Casimano describes the smell as "like a thousand rotting corpses," and says vultures have destroyed their screened enclosures, overtaken the pool and dented their cars with their beaks.
Neighbor Cheryl Katz has also complained about the issue. She says another neighbor excessively feeds vultures, causing them to keep returning.
Neighborhood president Gordon Holness says the association is somewhat limited in what they can do because the vultures are migratory birds protected by federal law.
What other people are reading right now:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. aboard plane that ran off runway and caught fire
- He awoke to the sound of breaking glass. Then he shot and killed the person who broke in
- ‘Born out of wedlock’ policy used to deny 1-year-old citizenship because her parents are gay
- Woman promised her twins to couple, then backed out, deputies say
- Oldest woman in America celebrates 115th birthday
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.