WASHINGTON, D.C., USA — We may not know exactly when, but the Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be making a trip to Washington, D.C.
President Biden will invite the Bucs along with NBA Champions The Los Angeles Lakers for a visit to the White House when it's "COVID-safe," White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Monday in a press briefing.
It is a presidential tradition to call and congratulate the Super Bowl-winning team and invite them to the White House to celebrate their accomplishments.
In fact, ESPN says winning sports teams have visited the White House for 150 years. Psaki did not say whether President Biden has given the Bucs a congratulatory call yet.
This is a change of pace from the previous administration where several winning sports teams did not attend the White House, either due to a lack of invitation or lack of interest from the invitees.
- Siege the Lombardi: Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeat Kansas City Chiefs 31-9
- Bucs' Super Bowl bid caps off an incredible year for Tampa Bay sports
- Deputies search for teen accused of stealing car with child inside
- US Air Force performs trifecta flyover at Super Bowl LV in Tampa
- Brady, Gronk have most postseason touchdown passes in NFL history
- Meet the Glazer family: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers owners for the last 26 years
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter