HIGH POINT, N.C. -- After more than 2,500 name submissions...there are now 9 finalists for the baseball team that will play at BB&T Park in High Point.
A committee made sure the finalists were not trademarked. They boiled down the finalists by considering how they could merchandise and market the club.
The top 9 names are:
- High Point Chairmen
- Chair-Men, get it?
- High Point Dragon Claws
- A nod to the Ball and Claw furniture foot
- High Point Hush Puppies
- Everybody loves Hush Puppies!
- High Point Iron Dragons
- A nod to the railroad history and, well, a dragon
- High Point Iron Eagles
- A nod to the railroad and an iconic bird
- High Point Pioneers
- This town pioneered so many industries!
- High Point Rockers
- It's a chair, and it ROCKS!
- High Point Splinters
- The furniture manufacturing industry left many of these.
- High Point Tri-Stars
- Capturing the energy of the Triad region
You can vote online to help whittle down the name options. The final 3 will be announced June 21st. The winning name and logo will be unveiled next month.
The bottom 9 names were also revealed...and although they won't help name the team, they'll at least make you laugh!
- High Point Furniture McFurniture Faces
- High Point Sizzlin' Seabass
- High Point Squarepants
- High Point Murphy Beds
- High Point Screaming Herons
- High Point Glue Guns
- High Point Hashtags
- High Point High Heels
- High Point Couch Potatoes