GREENSBORO, N.C. — Storms throughout the Piedmont have caused power outages for over 1,500 households in the Triad over the weekend.
Stay with WFMY News 2 for the latest updates on storm coverage. Storms have passed as of 4 p.m., according to WFMY's weather team.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 1, 2021
6:36 p.m. Crews are working to clear a tree from the front of Holly Springs Church
5:52 p.m. A telephone pole has completely fell to the ground out in Asheboro
5:23 p.m. WFMY's Crosby Sensibaugh captured this photo of a downed tree overtop of a driveway
4:50 p.m. Storms that have came through Asheboro have left damage. Fire and EMS services are responding to a tree that has fallen through a house.
4:30 p.m. Over 1,500 homes are without power following Sunday's storms throughout the Triad
REPORTING POWER OUTAGES
- Duke Energy: 1-800-POWERON, 1-800-769-3766 Customers may also report an outage or view current outages online
- Duke Energy Progress: 1-800-419-6356
- NC Electrical Cooperatives: 1-888-411-7870
- Energy United: 1-800-386-4833
- Randolph Electric: 1-877-736-2633
- Piedmont Electric: 1-800-449-2667
- Surry-Yadkin Electric: 336-356-8241
- City of Lexington Electric: 336-248-2337
- City of High Point Electric: 336-883-3111
Download WFMY News 2 Apps: If your power or cable goes out, you'll still be able to connect online. Download the WFMY News 2 App for live streaming video, updated weather forecasts, and reports from our field crews.
Stay connected to local, national, and breaking news: Download the WFMY News 2 app.
►Text the word APP to 336-379-5775