GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts Center in downtown Greensboro has postponed its grand opening and several other events due to coronavirus concerns.
"As a result of government recommendations against gatherings of more than 100 people due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the grand opening events for the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts have been postponed," the performing arts center stated in a release.
Steven Tanger Center says the staff is working hard to reschedule the following events. The center says ticketholders should hold on to their tickets until additional information is available regarding rescheduled dates.
The postponed events include:
- Private Donor Receptions (March 18 & 19)
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony (March 20)
- Josh Groban concert and VIP Reception (March 20)
- Tony Bennett concert and VIP Reception (March 21)
- Jay Leno in concert (March 22)
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro Board Meeting & Breakfast (March 23)
- Guilford College Bryan Series presents Sally Field (March 24)
- Greensboro Symphony School Performances (March 25, 26 & 30)
- Greensboro Symphony ‘Name that Tune’ Gala (March 26)
- Greensboro Symphony Masterworks (March 28)
- Public Open House (March 29)
Stay connected to local, national and breaking news: Download the new WFMY News 2 app.
►Text the word APP to 336-379-5775
►For the latest weather conditions and forecast text the word WEATHER to 336-379-5775
►For traffic alerts text the word TRAFFIC to 336-379-5775