GREENSBORO, N.C. — Pets are more than furry friends, they are members of our families. And like any other family member, you want to make sure they are healthy. Dr. Kelley Gebhardt is a veterinarian at Happy Tails Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Greensboro. She joins us to answer any questions you have about taking care of pets.
5 Things Your Veterinarian Wish You Knew For Your Pet
1. Vaccines are lifesaving-get them ASAP. Vaccines and wellness care cost much less than what it costs to treat the diseases they are preventing.
2. Parasites (intestinal parasites, fleas, and heartworms) are a year-round threat. Remember to keep your pets on proper preventatives year-round.
3. Pet health insurance or an emergency fund/emergency credit card is a must!
4. Cats need vet care too (every year at minimum).
5. Keeping pets at a healthy weight makes a HUGE difference in long-term health and longevity.